Welcome!

Welcome, my dear guests!

I consider myself a food enthusiast. As much as I love eating, I also love experimenting with all the herbs and spices I can find. I want to share all my food experiences, food adventures and my recipes here. I'm glad you found this site. You must be a food enthusiast as well. I hope we can exchange recipes and food experiences, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment. Don't worry, I won't bite =P. I'm looking forward to reading your feedback! - Orchard


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chili burns and remedies

Chili burn is such a nightmare, isn't it? I experienced the excruciating pain it caused after I chopped a large jalapeno pepper, finely. It was so foolish of me to think that removing the seeds would be enough to get rid of its potency. After removing the seeds, I handled the jalapeno without gloves. It was so careless of me. After 10 minutes or so, I could feel my fingers begin to tingle. Gradually, the sensation escalated to unbearably piercing pain. It felt like my fingers were being roasted over hot burning coals, with some scorching embers attached to my skin. I browsed through the internet looking for remedies and tried them all: milk, lime, alcoholic beverage, olive oil, soap and cold water (as were suggested by some people on the web) yet none of them worked. I suffered for more than an hour. In my desperation I took an ibuprofen and it worked! Yes, it worked. So, guys, if none of the suggested remedies work for you, try Ibuprofen (If you’re allergic to aspirin, or ibuprofen, ask your doctor). After much discomfort and less-than-successful culinary attempts to relieve my anguish, I found peace in my medicine cabinet.

Please chime-in with your experiences and home remedies. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment