Welcome!

Welcome, my dear guests!

I consider myself a food enthusiast. As much as I love eating, I also love experimenting with all the herbs and spices I can find. I want to share all my food experiences, food adventures and my recipes here. I'm glad you found this site. You must be a food enthusiast as well. I hope we can exchange recipes and food experiences, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment. Don't worry, I won't bite =P. I'm looking forward to reading your feedback! - Orchard


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Beef in Mediterranean Style Recipe

Mediterranean dishes are always my favorite and I have tried lots of them! Inspired by their unique cuisine, I cooked my beef with a touch of Mediterranean taste.

Now, let’s start cooking!


What you need:

½ kg sirloin beef cut into thin bite size slices

1 eggplant cut in half and cut each half lengthwise

250ml Hunt’s® tomato sauce

250ml Nestle® cream

5 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced

5 cloves of garlic, minced

1 medium onion, chopped

1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced

6 fresh basil leaves

Parsley, chopped finely

1 ½ McCormick® dried oregano

1 ½ McCormick® marjoram

½ tsp McCormick® all spice

½ tsp American Garden® cinnamon

1 tsp black peppercorn, ground

1tsp salt

1 tsp red wine vinegar

Cooking oil

Butter

To prepare:
  • In a bowl, sprinkle 1 tsp of salt onto the beef. Mix them together. Set aside.
  • Heat a deep skillet to medium heat.
  • Pour ½ cup of cooking oil into the skillet.
  • Fry the eggplants in the skillet. Set aside.
  • Next, fry the beef, then set aside.
  • Heat another deep skillet to medium heat.
  • Melt 3tbsp butter.
  • Sauté garlic until brown.
  • Add the tomatoes.
  • Stir until the tomatoes are cooked.
  • Add the onion into the skillet.
  • Stir until the onion is translucent.
  • Sprinkle with black peppercorn.
  • Add the fried beef into the pan. Fold.
  • Add the tomato sauce and stir.
  • Next, add the cream. Mix it with the rest of the ingredients in the skillet.
  • Let it simmer and stir from time to time until the sauce thickens.
  • Add the fried eggplant then fold it in with the ingredients in the skillet.
  • Add the following into the skillet: oregano, marjoram, all spice and cinnamon. Mix them together.
  • Add the bell pepper.
  • Stir.
  • Pour 1tsp red wine vinegar into the pan.
  • Stir a little.
  • Add the fresh basils and mix them with the rest of the ingredients.
  • Remove from stove.
  • Garnish with parsley.
Now, it’s done. Very easy! Bon appétit! 

Good for 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment