5 chicken wings
9 cloves of garlic (minced)
½ red onion (finely chopped)
1 ½ tsp. McCormick® Spanish paprika
1 ½ tsp McCormick® chili pepper
½ McCormick® cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
How to prepare:
- (Note: Be careful on this step) In a bowl, I prefer to puncture the skin and meat of each chicken wing with a sharp object, several places, to allow thorough cooking. Do this step before sprinkling the salt on the wings. Massage the wings and the salt until the salt is evenly distributed on each chicken wing.
- In another bowl, mix all the ingredients: garlic, red onion, Spanish paprika, chili pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sugar and salt to taste. Mix them altogether.
- Heat approximately ¾ inch fry oil in a 2-inch-deep fry pan (I like cast iron) over medium-high heat. Let it get to 350 degrees F. A nice deep pan helps prevent splatter.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the chicken wings.
- After frying the chicken wings, put them in the spicy mixture and mix them together until the spices are evenly distributed on the chicken wings.
- Fry the chicken wings, again, in a low heat until the spices are cooked. Avoid burning the sugar.