Welcome!

Welcome, my dear guests!

I consider myself a food enthusiast. As much as I love eating, I also love experimenting with all the herbs and spices I can find. I want to share all my food experiences, food adventures and my recipes here. I'm glad you found this site. You must be a food enthusiast as well. I hope we can exchange recipes and food experiences, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment. Don't worry, I won't bite =P. I'm looking forward to reading your feedback! - Orchard


Saturday, August 27, 2011

How to take care of knives

"You spend good money on a knife; take care of it, it should last a lifetime."


When you learn valuable things from others you feel the urge to share them. I have been shopping for kitchen utensils lately and I found a merchant who is fun to talk to and has shared many valuable tips with me on how to take care of knives.

How to take care of knives:
  1. No metal is completely “stainless”. Do not allow acidic or salty foods to remain on the blade after use. This may pit and dull the finish and/or damage the sharp edge.
  2. Try not to put your knives in the dishwasher. This is unsafe. Heat and detergent, along with banging into other knives and metal pans, can damage the sharp edge and the handle.
  3. Wipe your knife clean with a wet cloth and dish detergent. Rinse. Dry immediately.
  4. Do not cut through bones with your knife. Do not poke, pry, or separate frozen foods with your knife. Use only to cut food, not as a screwdriver.
  5. Sharp knives are safe; dull knives are dangerous. If a knife goes straight and cuts cleanly, you have control. If a knife slips off the top of a lemon or citrus fruit, or doesn’t cut through meat cleanly, it is much more dangerous to use.





No comments:

Post a Comment