Welcome!

Welcome, my dear guests!

I consider myself a food enthusiast. As much as I love eating, I also love experimenting with all the herbs and spices I can find. I want to share all my food experiences, food adventures and my recipes here. I'm glad you found this site. You must be a food enthusiast as well. I hope we can exchange recipes and food experiences, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment. Don't worry, I won't bite =P. I'm looking forward to reading your feedback! - Orchard


Saturday, August 27, 2011

Richly-Spiced Beef Recipe




Ingredients:

2 tsp McCormick® Marjoram
2 tsp Haritham® Coriander powder
2 tsp of McCormick® dried oregano
Pinch of Mustard seeds
2 tsp McCormick® Curry
2 tsp American Garden® Kebab Mix
1 tsp black pepper
2 Jalapenos
9 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
½ Onion (chopped)
2 tsp Turmeric
2 tomatoes
2 tsp of McCormick® Spanish paprika
2 tsp of McCormick® chili powder
½ tsp of McCormick® cayenne pepper
2tsp of McCormick® cumin
Salt to taste
½ kilo foreshank beef (thinly sliced)
¼ kilo of mini potatoes (cut in half)
250ml Cream

To prepare:

Put the thinly sliced beef in a bowl, sprinkle salt to taste, 1 tsp of marjoram, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1 tsp kebab mix, 1 tsp of garlic, 1 tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp Spanish paprika, 1tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chili powder. Set aside.

In a skillet, put 4 tsp olive oil and sauté the remaining garlic until golden brown. Add tomatoes, stir until cooked. Add onion, stir until translucent, not golden brown. Add 2 jalapenos, stir. Add the potatoes, stir. Add the beef and stir until the beef’s water comes out. Add the rest of the remaining spices: add more salt (optional), 1 tsp marjoram, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1 tsp of curry powder, 1 tsp kebab mix, 1 tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp Spanish paprika, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chili powder, add ½ tsp cayenne pepper. Stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed on the beef. Lower the heat and put a lid on the pan. Wait until the water had almost evaporated. Add the cream. Stir until the cream thickens.

Best served with cucumber salad.

Good for 7 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment