Welcome!

Welcome, my dear guests!

I consider myself a food enthusiast. As much as I love eating, I also love experimenting with all the herbs and spices I can find. I want to share all my food experiences, food adventures and my recipes here. I'm glad you found this site. You must be a food enthusiast as well. I hope we can exchange recipes and food experiences, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment. Don't worry, I won't bite =P. I'm looking forward to reading your feedback! - Orchard


Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hot Chili Octopus Recipe




Ingredients:

2tbsp butter
2 bay leaves
2 fresh basil leaves
McCormick® Spanish paprika
McCormick® chili powder
1/2 tsp McCormick® cayenne pepper
6 bird’s eye chilli, chopped finely
Sprinkle of McCormick® Marjoram
Sprinkle of McCormick® Oregano
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1tbsp sugar
Black pepper
Jalapeño
Salt to taste
1kg octopus, cut into bite size pieces

To prepare:
  1. Sprinkle the octopus with salt. Set aside.
  2. To make a chili mixture, mix these ingredients in a bowl: McCormick Spanish paprika, McCormick chili powder, McCormick cayenne pepper, bird’s eye chili, McCormick marjoram, McCormick oregano, half of the chopped onion, half of the chopped garlic, sugar, black pepper and salt, to taste.
  3. Pour the chili mixture onto the octopus and mix them together until the flavor is evenly distributed.
  4. Heat the pan to medium heat.
  5. Melt the butter.
  6. Sauté the remaining half of garlic and onion until golden brown.
  7. Add the jalapeño, bay leaves and basil leaves.
  8. Add the octopus, including the chili mixture.
  9. Turn the heat up and cook until most of the water of the octopus comes out.
  10. Stir from time to time until the water evaporates and the sauce thickens.
  11. Remove from stove.


 Good for 6 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment